Saturday, November 5, 2011

Twitterpated Peace

Solid ground + lots of beautiful fluffiness!
"Twitterpated."

Friends have been using that word to describe how I feel about Steve. According to the urban dictionary, "twitterpated" means "completely enamored, flighty, excited."

Does "twitterpated" describe how I feel about Steve?

Absolutely. (Though not completely). I AM rather enamored with him, and I cannot deny that I've been "a bit" flighty and excited lately. (In fact, I make him laugh regularly by doing harebrained things when he distracts me.) But "twitterpated" doesn't fully describe how I feel.

My dear friend Becca asked about my thoughts toward Steve earlier this week, and I told her something like this: "The overall feeling I have is peace. Yes, I'm excited and 'in love,' yet it goes much deeper than that. This love isn't like river rapids, rushing and foaming over rocks and shallows. It's more like a mighty river flowing swiftly through a deep, narrow channel. The difference is the depth and the peace of the waters. Indeed, the current is strong and swift, but it's not full of turmoil. The foundation and sides of the channel are solid rock, and the path is peace."

Ah, bliss!
Though lest I give the impression that this deep, swift river is boring . . . it most certainly is NOT! (In fact, I've journaled pages about the way Steve treats me like a princess and makes me melt in his presence.) It's a miracle that I get ANY rest, considering the excitement and thrill of being around this man!

Steve keeps marveling over how "right" our relationship feels. Just the right fit. So natural. So comfortable. Such fun! I feel the same way. Whether we're hiking or cooking together, serving friends or hanging out with his family, talking or just relaxing . . . the feeling we get is what I'd call, "twitterpated peace!"

2 comments:

  1. This made me really happy to read! I'm so happy for you Joanna!! Any chance you have plans to post a picture of you guys?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, I just now saw your comment. Thank you! The previous blog post, "A Little Distracted Lately" has a few pics of the two of us. And we'll be posting more on here or Facebook soon. I think you saw the one Steve's dad posted of us today. :-)

    ReplyDelete